The Enterprise Revenue Accountant position plays a visible role in revenue, while doing so in an international environment and with a highly-recognized household name-brand company.
The primary focus for this position will be to demonstrate ownership of various areas of our business, which has gross annual revenues greater than $1.5 billion. This role works cross functionally with various departments and will evolve over time with growth and critical acquisitions. The Global revenue team consists of 12 people at present. We are seeking an innovative problem-solver with a strong mind for efficiency, technology, automation and controls. Working for a fast-moving, private-equity owned company, the successful candidate should be prepared to grow, learn, evolve quickly, and to conquer new challenges daily. This role is currently full-time and hybrid. The role may convert to part or full-time in office in the future and will be based in Citygate, Cork.
- Serving as key team member of the EMEA revenue team and reporting to Manager of Revenue Accounting team
- Responsibilities cover EMEA and APAC revenue with a Global focus also in some areas
- Working with multiple teams across the organization (legal, sales, sales finance, Deal Desk, support, accounts payable, close and reporting) to assist with deal review and month end close responsibilities
- Reviewing contracts and individual sales transactions for proper revenue recognition based on guidance under ASC 606 and company's revenue recognition policies
- Preparing journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations for both revenue and contra-revenue accounts related to direct, channel, MSP and OEM contracts
- Communicating in a professional, precise and clear manner (both written and verbal)
- Working with auditors related to the financial statement audit and control reviews
- Manipulating large quantities of data within excel
- Completing special projects, as needed
- Identifying areas of improvement in policies, procedures, and operating methods
- Assisting in the implementation of solutions that address specific issues or provide improved efficiencies and accuracy
- Willing and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment with a willingness to do what it takes to complete a task and take complete ownership of areas of responsibility
- Complete special projects as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Fully/partially qualified accountant
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Previous role(s) should include internal or external audit, GL accounting, and/or revenue accounting
- Team player
- Technical knowledge and practical knowledge of revenue recognition standards ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Tech-savvy, strong at Excel
- SAP or RAR experience a plus
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.