Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a seasoned senior developer with the passion and experience necessary to design, develop, and support Trellix’s leading-edge Network product suites
Job Title: Senior SDET
Trellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at https://trellix.com.
- It is a role within a functional QA team.
- Hands-on authoring of test cases and test code combined with test execution.
- Understand the product/module requirement and come up with required test plans.
- Interacting with design teams and working towards resolving bugs, ensuring that the product meets the quality and usability expectations.
- Reviewing product documentation and providing feedback
- Compliance with the latest testing methodologies to deliver additional functionality with improved quality
- Drive the usability and management aspects with customer requirements in mind.
- Participating in Design Reviews and Code Inspections
- Ensure testability in product features and measure code coverage data regularly.
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop the product’s testing strategy.
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting in a variety of local and remote testing environments as required.
- 3-8 years of experience in product testing including experience in code review / bug analysis, development of test tools, designing test cases, and contribution to effective test planning.
- A proven track record of shipping high-quality, scalable software
- Should have debugging experience, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality.
- Good understanding of Quality Process/Test Lifecycle and defect lifecycle
- Good understanding of the overall development process including but not limited to Agile/SCRUM.
- Knowledge of bug tracking systems like JIRA etc.
- Good technical knowledge of Networking and Security.
- Understanding of Linux Operating system & comfortable with basic administration.
- Experience in using Test Management Tools such as TestRail, X-Ray ,etc.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Self-motivated highly energetic person with attention to details
- Ability to work with various stakeholders and resolve issues independently.
- Knowledge of Python automation would be a plus.
- Good in Manual and automation experience
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.