Designated Support Engineer
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
Designated Support Engineer
The Trellix Designated Support Engineer (DSE) provides the best possible customer service to the company’s most important customers. They bring deep knowledge of Trellix products, related technologies, and their customers’ deployments to solve problems quickly and provide proactive guidance. DSEs are the most elite role in the Trellix customer support organization, with advanced technical, problem solving, account management, and customer interaction skills.
DSEs support a small set of our most business critical customers. This senior role has wide discretion to act in the best interest of their customers, orchestrating assistance from any other Trellix technical support, professional services, sales, or engineering organizations. As the most senior members of the customer support organization, DSEs also mentor the more junior members of the Technical Support team and help them develop their technical and customer interaction skills.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as first contact for technical support issues, lead escalation response and develop ongoing relationship with customer and become their advocate.
- Provide proactive guidance and encourage adoption and assist in deployment of new product releases.
- Manage the status and internal and customer communications of service requests, product requests, defects, customer project plans, etc.
- Collaborate with support management to orchestrate support response beyond the DSEs direct capability and conduct regular reviews (at least quarterly) of service delivery quality, industry threat assessments and solicit feedback on service delivery and product capabilities and quality.
What you will have:
- 7+ yrs of experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with security as it relates to intrusion detection and security tools and technologies
- Fundamental understanding of an operating system; for example, understands job control, soft and hard links or shortcuts, distinctions between the kernel and the user environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, well organized, attention to detail
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Desired security network, and systems related professional certifications are a plus
- Linux, Unix System administration, TCP/IP, DNS, and troubleshooting experience
- Completion of job-related technical trainings
- Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.