Threat Research Security Researcher
Threat Research Security Researcher
We are seeking an enthusiastic Security Researcher to join our growing organization. Our global organization works in the areas of malware research, customer escalation response and system Engineering and development. You will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily malware escalation responses, routines and procedures. Additionally, you will help build platforms and automations, and author detection content which will help “fight the bad guys.”
- You must have awareness of threats around the globe, regional threats and top adversaries / criminal groups focusing on malware including affiliate networks pertaining to Windows OSes.
- You will process incoming malware analysis and detection requests from customers, the Support team, and other teams within McAfee.
- You will provide static and dynamic analysis of malware, including – infection, propagation, lateral movement, exploitation POCs, etc.
- You will extract malicious patterns from malware and author effective detection and repair signatures and test them before being utilized by our McAfee products.
- You will participate in the incident response process on an as needed basis and prepare analysis of the incident, remediation instructions, and assist customers.
- Using your coding skills, you will help develop automation framework for malware analysis and efficiency improvements.
- You will propose and create innovative solutions for problems that our customers are facing.
- You will share your most exciting research findings through blogs and internal presentations. You will work closely with colleagues in the same and other time zones, and attend a daily handover to the next region.
- You will be required to do on-call work during holidays and weekends as part of a team Rota.
- Ideally you must have experience in a Security or Malware Researcher role.
- You should have experience in Python, C/C++, or other similar programming languages.
- You should understand PE file format.
- You should have knowledge of Windows OS internals – memory, threads, processes, API, etc.
- You should have proficiency in debugger usage (OllyDbg, IDA pro).
- You should have knowledge of Networking protocols and experience with network traffic analysis tools (Wireshark, Fiddler).
- You should have experience in reverse engineering.
- You should have experience of various malware analysis tools.
- You should have excellent problem-solving skills, fast learner, self-motivated to take initiatives with focus on achieving results in timely manner.
- You should have proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Degree Level Computing Qualification or equivalent with 3+ years demonstrated experience.
- Ability to positively adapt to changes and multitasking in a fast-moving industry.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.