Staff Customer Success Engineer
Staff Customer Success Engineer
As a Customer Success Staff Engineer, you possess a proven aptitude for learning new technologies and improving your level of expertise constantly, in a proactive self-driven manner. You are highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately. In this role you will work to solve product and network problems of medium complexity. You will act as an escalation point for less experienced team members. You will effectively configure and utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve Customer reported problems. Creative problem-solving skills and resourcefulness are key attributes.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for responding to escalated customer support cases via phone
- Troubleshoot and accurately document customer issues. Understand customer systems and configuration, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Provide regular communication to the customer in a timely and professional manner.
- Contribute to Support Documentation and Knowledge base articles
- Mentor and train less experienced colleagues
- Become a recognized subject matter expert in Trellix products
- Take ownership of customer issues when escalated by customers, management or Level 2 colleagues. Drive to resolve issues effectively, escalating cases to development teams where necessary
- Participate in the testing of new product builds and releases
- Proactively identify potential product/process weakness, research potential fixes with relevant internal teams and management
- Recognized subject matter expert in a Trellix product(s)
- Be the focal point for customers regarding product problems, network issues, alert & detection efficacy, and setup/configuration/access to products
- Use your highly analytical skills to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately
- 5+ years of experience in the Technical Support field, Support Centre experience an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers
- Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills
- Eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems, comfortable working at CLI and having Administration experience
- Experience of in-depth Log Analysis using command line tools
- Intermediate knowledge of networking technologies, internetworking devices and protocols
- Intermediate level knowledge of Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation;
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and idiomatically, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Possess a proven aptitude for learning new technologies and progressing your level of expertise constantly, in a proactive self-driven manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to successfully train users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation
- Creative problem-solving skills, resourcefulness are key attributes
- Must have US Citizenship (For US based Engineers ONLY)
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Microsoft or Linux Certified – MCSE
- Cisco Certified – CCNA, CCNP/CCIE a plus
- Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation;
- EMail Security – Adv RFC2822 MX/MTA functionality, Email Security DKIM, SPF, DMARC, Certificates, PKI
- Endpoint security experience, including network design, implementation, and management;
- Security network, and systems related professional certifications are a plus;
- Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix System administration, TCP/IP, DNS, and troubleshooting experience.
- Basic C/C++, Java, Ruby, python experience.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.