Software QA Engineer
Software QA Engineer
We are seeking an enthusiastic Software QA Engineer to join our growing organization. Our global organization works in the areas of Malware Research, System Engineering and Research and Development. You will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily DAT Content Release QA routines and procedures. Additionally, you will help build platforms and automation, and Quality test detection content which will help “fight the bad guys.”
- You will be responsible for testing DAT signature content updates before they are included in the daily DAT release
- You will be responsible for testing the daily DAT update before it is released to our customers
- Working with the Research teams, you will collaborate and verify complex signatures and other detection technology is working as expected without causing false detections, reduced performance or other potential issues
- You will be responsible for keeping Windows, Linux and Mac VMs updated
- You will be responsible for sourcing and classifying Clean non-malicious files to be added to our clean file database
- Using your scripting skills, you will help to develop and maintain automation frameworks for automated classification
- You will create detailed test plans and test cases
- You will execute manual and automated test cases and analyse the results, recording any deviances
- You will create and update detailed defect reports
- You will monitor automation output and identify and respond to any anomalies
- You will propose and create innovative solutions for problems that our customers are facing.
- You will collaborate and work closely with colleagues in the same time zones, and collaborate closely with the Content Release and Research teams
- You will be required to do on-call work during holidays and weekends as part of a team Rota.
- You will have proven experience in a Software Quality Assurance role
- You will have strong attention to detail and be passionate about software quality
- You will have experience with software application testing
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You should have excellent problem-solving skills, be a fast learner, self-motivated to take initiatives with focus on achieving results in timely manner
- You should have knowledge of testing tools and software development methodologies
- You should ideally have experience in Python or other similar programming languages
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and develop
- Degree Level Computing Qualification or equivalent with 2+ years demonstrated experience
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.