Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Threat Research Security Researcher
This role is for a team that is working on creating, maintaining and enhancing systems that support our mission critical back-end production infrastructure The role involves developing scalable, extensible, robust and high-quality software for our cloud-based Infrastructure.
Trellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at https://trellix.com.
About the Role:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test role, the person will be an integral part of the Engineering group. To be successful in this role you should have exceptional Technical and communication skills. The role includes responsibility for automating tests and carryout manual to tests as needed.
- Analyze systems and develop prioritized test plans
- Execute test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software, and log/track defects
- Perform data analysis and provide extracts on complex data sets
- Design and Build scaling test automation frameworks
- Build and maintain automated test coverage for critical functional areas under test
- Work with other teams on standards and best practices
- Collaborate with Development Engineers to improve technical design for testing functionality at scale
- Provide functional testing support for Sprint teams as needed
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in design and development of quality software
- Proficient knowledge of public cloud platforms like AWS/Google Cloud
- Proficient knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Experience in programming languages like Python, Java, C#
- Experience in working with RDBMS databases
- Experience in working with distributed software systems using technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience in test automation systems such as Robot Framework, Selenium, Nunit, Junit etc.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Engineering Graduate/Post Graduate in Computer Science or IT from a reputed institute
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.