Senior DBRE (Database Reliability Engineer)
Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS, Cloud Native, Linux, Python/Go)
As a Database Reliability Engineer (DBRE) within the Software Development team, your primary responsibilities will be focused on NoSQL database systems connectivity, support, as well as aiding in building cloud infrastructure to support these systems.
Successful candidates will work on requirements gathering, design and development of data structures, support existing customers and automation. This person will bring their Database and DevOps best practices and help take our infrastructure to the next level. The DBRE is responsible for crafting and developing with groundbreaking technologies that drive our cybersecurity products. You will work closely with other Endpoint Teams, Cloud Team, Data Scientists and Malware Experts in developing the best-in-class solutions for our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and support NoSQL-based data systems to interact with next generation, cloud-based, Detection, Threat Intelligence and Telemetry systems, across all Trellix products
- Leverage expertise throughout the DevOps lifecycle to help implement and optimize Cloud services in the cybersecurity system stack
- Build, release, and manage the configuration of all development and production systems
- Show passion about cloud native automation and observability in complex systems
- Collaborate with others in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for cloud stack
- Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement scalable SaaS Services
- Ensure necessary system security by using best-in-class cloud security solutions
- Stay current with new technology stack and options to improve quality and productivity
- Troubleshoot the issues in cloud service APIs, Web Portal, Feeds, Crawlers, etc.
- 5+ years of AWS experience
- 3+ years of experience in building, CI/CD pipelines using different automation tools like Jenkins, terraform, AWS, CDK, etc.
- 3+ years of experience implementing, supporting, and expanding NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Mongo, MariaDB, etc.)
- Experience in building and maintaining cloud native applications and deploying them in cloud infrastructure
- Strong experience in programming languages like Python, GO, PERL, Node.JS languages
- Strong foundation in networking concepts (TCP, UDP, HTTP/S, DNS, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Linux systems and OS fundamentals
- Experience designing and building SaaS platform on AWS, which includes working with services like IAM, SQS, SNS, EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
- Familiar with various network devices and services (firewalls, switches, routers, load balancers)
- Experience with agile programming and rapid prototyping is a plus
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Base Pay Range: $104,300 – $193,700. Actual base pay within this range will depend on varying circumstances, including the work location, individual qualifications, company budget and other operational business needs. Compensation may also include annual bonuses and long-term incentives, subject to various metrics and company policy.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.