ML Security Researcher
ML Security Researcher
We are seeking a Malware Researcher with passion and experience necessary to solve the malware problem across multiple OS platforms. The candidate will work for Trellix security research team, which is a group of top-notch security researchers specializing in areas from Machine Learning to reverse engineering advanced malware and Exploits.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will process incoming malware analysis and detection requests from other teams within the organization.
- You will provide static and dynamic analysis of malware, including – infection, propagation, lateral movement, exploitation POCs, etc.
- You will extract malicious patterns from malware and author effective detection and repair signatures and test them before being utilized by products.
- You will participate in the incident response process on an as needed basis and prepare analysis of the incident, remediation instructions, and assist customers.
- Using your coding skills, you will help develop automation framework for malware analysis and efficiency improvements.
- Ideally you must have experience in a Security or Malware Researcher role.
- You should have experience in Python, C/C++, or other similar programming languages.
- You should understand PE file format.
- You should have knowledge of Windows OS internals – memory, threads, processes, API, etc.
- You should have proficiency in debugger usage (OllyDbg, IDA pro).
- You should have knowledge of Networking protocols and experience with network traffic analysis tools (Wireshark, Fiddler).
- You should have good knowledge of Data Science and ability to handle customer escalation for FP/FN and identify appropriate solution.
- You should have experience in reverse engineering.
- You should have experience with various malware analysis tools.
- You should have excellent problem-solving skills, be a fast learner, and be self-motivated to take initiatives with focus on achieving results in a timely manner.
- You should have proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Degree Level Computing Qualification or equivalent with 3+ years demonstrated experience.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in security research field.
- Ability to positively adapt to changes and multitasking in a fast-moving industry.
Base Pay Range:
$104,300 – $193,700. Actual base pay within this range will depend on varying circumstances, including the work location, individual qualifications, company budget and other operational business needs. Compensation may also include annual bonuses and long-term incentives, subject to various metrics and company policy.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.