DevOps Database Engineer
Senior DevOps DBA
As DevOps Database Engineer within the Software Development team, your primary responsibilities will be focused on database systems connectivity, support, as well as aiding building cloud infrastructure to support these systems. Successful candidates will work on requirements gathering, design and development of data structures, support existing customers and automation. You will bring your Database and DevOps best practices and help take our infrastructure to the next level. You are responsible for crafting and developing with groundbreaking technologies that drive our cybersecurity products. You will work closely with other Endpoint Teams, Cloud Team, Data Scientists and Malware Experts in developing the best-in-class solutions for our customers.
- Maintain database servers in a production high availability environment
- Troubleshoot & maintain the performance of database servers.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Create and modify primary database storage structures and objects
- Monitor and optimize performance of databases for integration with other software
- Troubleshoot various problems that arise
- Prepare and /or maintain a variety of technical and user documentation
- Manage security of the databases
- Set up disaster recovery strategies
- Manage backup and recovery procedures
- 4+ years of any database management with NoSQL based dbs.
- 3+ years of AWS experience is a must (Azure or GCP is nice to have)
- 3+ years of experience with cloud databases/ MPP databases
- 4+ years of programming experience with Python
- 4+ years of Software development or DevOps engineer experience
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Administration experience using scripting languages (Bash/PowerShell/Kshell)
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Experience with scripting and command line utilities
- Experience in Building and Maintaining cloud native applications and deploy them in Cloud infrastructure
- Strong foundation in networking concepts (TCP, UDP, HTTP/S, DNS, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Linux systems and OS fundamentals.
- Experience with managing cloud hosting database
- Familiarity with other relational database technologies (PostgreSQL, mySQL, NoSQL etc)
- Web server knowledge
Base Pay Range: $104,300 – $193,700. Actual base pay within this range will depend on varying circumstances, including the work location, individual qualifications, company budget and other operational business needs. Compensation may also include annual bonuses and long-term incentives, subject to various metrics and company policy.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.