Data Scientist (ARC)
Data Scientist (ARC)
Trellix’s ARC (Advanced Research Center) is currently looking for Data Scientists to work with us to enhance our already award-winning Cybersecurity systems with added predictive and statistical analysis capabilities. With over 30 years’ accumulated data around past security certificates, as well as constant additions from our teams of researchers, ARC now needs senior folks to model this data, then be able to find actionable insights that can be streamed to our 60 million + security endpoints located around the world.
Trellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at https://trellix.com.
About the Role:
The Data Scientist will be responsible for owning Data Science and ML/AI solutions for zero-day detection of threats. You will work closely with Software Architects, Data Engineers, Security Researchers, and other domain experts, to design the next generation of AI/ML solutions to help protect our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Security Researchers and Software Architects to understand the requirements for new AI/ML-based detection systems
- Own Feature Engineering – collaborate with Security Researchers to understand the domain and design innovative solutions to protect our customers
- Continuous research into improvement of existing AI/ML-based detection systems using different algorithms and/or improvement in features
- Analyze all available data from telemetry, logs, stores, to propose new avenues with application of Data Science, and design experimental models to demonstrate the ideas
- Use predictive modeling, statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and extract insights from structure and unstructured data
- Develop software, algorithms, and applications to apply mathematics to data, perform large scale experimentation and build data driven apps to translate data into intelligence, solve a variety of business problems and enable business strategy
- Work with Data Engineers to ensure a completely automated pipeline is built for agile and speedy model deployment to Production and Field
- Specialization in Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning or related, from recognized institutions or platforms
- Strong knowledge of Data Science, Machine Learning and Statistical Modeling fundamentals
- 8+ years of experience in designing solutions with Data Science concepts
- Possess an advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Operation Research, and Statistics or equivalent expertise
- Experience with Cloud-based Data Engineering Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to collaborate and work with multiple teams across different time-zones
Base Pay Range:
$104,300 – $193,700. Actual base pay within this range will depend on varying circumstances, including the work location, individual qualifications, company budget and other operational business needs. Compensation may also include annual bonuses and long-term incentives, subject to various metrics and company policy.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.