Cloud Operations Engineer
Cloud Operations Engineer
This role is a Cloud Production Operations engineer for commercial cloud-native solutions, deployed and managed in public cloud environments like AWS.
You will be part of a 24×7 team that is responsible for Trellix Cloud Services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
Responsibilities of this role include supporting Cloud service measurement, monitoring, and reporting. You will input into improving overall operational quality through common practices and by working with engineering, QA, and product DevOps teams.
You will also be responsible for supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of Trellix Production environments.
You will have access to the latest tools and technology, and an incredible career path with the world’s cyber security leader. If successful, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself within complex and demanding deployment architectures and see the “big picture” all while helping to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of a dynamic and high-performing engineering organization.
Come to Trellix and make a global impact!
Your duties will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Part of a 24x7x365 team providing the first line of Operational Support including event response and recovery efforts of critical Cloud Services as part of an operational support rotation.
- Able to work in shifts on a rotational basis and participate in our On-Call duties
- You will have ownership and responsibility for the high availability of Production environments
- Input into the monitoring of systems applications and supporting data
- Report on system uptime and availability
- Collaborate with other team members on best practices
- Assist with service deployments to staging & production environments
- Assist with creating and updating runbooks & SOPs
- Build a strong relationship with the Cloud DevOps teams and become a domain expert for the cloud services in your remit.
- You will be provided the required support for your growth and development in this role.
This position is an integral part of Trellix, recently created from the McAfee Enterprise's acquisition of FireEye. Trellix and its team members are committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Cloud Operations Engineer to take ownership, learn and become an SME (Subject Matter Expert) on our cloud solutions and drive continuous improvements which are critical to the Trellix business.
- 2+ years of hands-on working experience in supporting the production of large-scale cloud services.
- 1+ years of professional work experience supporting technical solutions hosted in public cloud environments.
- Strong production support background and experience of in-depth troubleshooting
- Experience working with solutions in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience using modern Monitoring and Alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Opsgenie, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, deploying, testing, and troubleshooting systems.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies and associated management tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with the tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.) and processes used to support a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform and Ansible or equivalent tooling.
- AWS Cloud practitioner or higher certification
- Experienced with AWS Security (IAM, Security Groups, KMS, etc.)
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills to effectively respond to issues and help drive resolutions quickly
- Experience with Cloud Computing Security (IAM, Security Groups, KMS, etc.)
- SQLServer, PostgreSQL, or MySQL experience
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.