Analyst Competitive Intelligence
Senior Analyst Competitive Intelligence
The Competitive Intelligence Analyst is a role in the newly established Trellix Analyst Relations, Market and Competitive Intelligence Team (AR & MCI). This individual will work with cross-functional teams across the organization, external analytical firms, and contractors to gather, contextualize and deliver competitive intelligence quantitative and qualitative insights. The role requires strong business and technical skills applicable to the competitive analysis for a given product line, the ability to develop actionable insights via different competitive data sources and reports for different audiences, including Executives, PM, PM, Sales, Sales Engineers, Channel Management and Corporate Marketing.
The candidate will work closely with the other members of the AR & MCI team in establishing project outcomes aligned to a set of the Analyst Relations and Market & Competitive Intelligence project deliverables and drive them to successful completion.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a given product line (e.g., XDR, EPP/EDR).
- Gather, contextualize, and synthesize data from external sources (e.g., Gartner) and internal (e.g., Sales Enablement tools) to maintain the Market and Competitive Intelligence databases.
- Evaluate Trellix’ competitors’ technical and Go-to-Market (GTM) capabilities, positioning, and value proposition, and identify impact of competitive influences for a given product line.
- Manage all aspects of the competitive technical and GTM analysis for a given product line, (Technical: Purchasing, Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining products and GTM: Segmentation, Pricing & Packaging and Routes-to-Market).
- Develop and disseminate competitive Technical and GTM updates, reports and enablement materials and support ad-hoc competitive questions and inquiries to internal stakeholders (Executive Team, PM and PMM teams, etc.).
- Support and participate in, product launches, partner/customer conferences, strategic planning sessions, product briefings /demos, analytical firms’ advisory strategic sessions.
- Manage engagements and end-to-end evaluation process (survey responses, company briefings and product demos) with Industry Analysts from Gartner, Forrester, IDC for a given product line.
- Assess and address the needs, knowledge, and sentiment of industry analysts to support the Analyst Relations function of building analyst mind-share about Trellix product lines.
- Your background includes 2 + years of competitive intelligence or technical marketing experience, Sales Engineering, or related field.
- Successful track record working in the information security industry in a business and technical capacity.
- Strong general cyber-security knowledge, and an in-depth understanding of one or more of Trellix product lines: XDR/SecOps, Endpoint Security, Email Security, Network Security, Data Security, and Cloud security.
- Able to scan and understand emerging technology trends and major vendors.
- Proficiency with virtualized server infrastructures for managing test environments is a bonus.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, Power Point and PowerBI.
- Expert on technical issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation.
- Security certification such as CISSP or CompTIA Security+ is a bonus.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.