Technical Support Intern
Cork, Cork, Ireland
Technical Support Intern
This opportunity offers the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work with and support cutting edge technology within the cyber security industry. The knowledge and experience gained by the intern will prove extremely useful in the immediate future, during the completion of their college course, and in their career going forward.
- Provide outstanding customer service and support to our Customers, Partners and Trellix Internal functions with regards to Customer Service Operations, this includes Support/Subscription Portals, Contract Entitlement, License Enquiries, Coordinating Replacements Parts, etc.
- Case Management related to: Account Management, Documentation, Internal Administration, Portal Access
- Use skills to successfully negotiate and resolve issues that may arise.·
- Strive to meet published service level objectives, with balanced response times – due diligence and fast response
- Have a basic level of understanding customer systems and configuration requirements, analyse problems, identify defects and recommend solutions
- Inform customers of status updates and providing solution(s) as they become known in a professional timely fashion over the lifetime of the service requests
- Set customer expectations appropriately and accurately is paramount
- Work with team members and management to identify and assist in development or improvement of process and/or Customer/Partner/Employee training opportunities
- Studying for a related undergraduate degree
- Preferred Comp TIA+ Security and understanding of Trellix Platform Fundamentals
- An aptitude for customer interfacing skills with an ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- A flexible and agile approach is required to respond in a rapidly changing environment
- Capable of writing Customer Service Process documentation and providing assistance and training on related application fundamentals to Customers/Partners/Colleagues
- Demonstrated proficiency related to several of the following:
- Able to debug problems and deliver solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, well organized, attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enjoys problem solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills.
- Ability to document calls and write FAQ and short instructional technical documents.
- Basic understanding of Intrusion Detection, Security tools and technologies;
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix System Administration
- Basic understanding of Network technologies (firewalls, routers, switches) and protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, CIFS, HTTP, DNS, LDAP, SSL, etc.)
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.