Software Engineer – Intern
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Software Engineer – Intern
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will be working on a project with a specific business outcome aiding in the development of next-generation security solutions. Your input will be crucial to the success of our strategic mission to build industry-leading products that give the most consistent, reliable, and effective security experience to our enterprise customers. You’ll collaborate with senior architects, senior engineers, and other stakeholders to design and build innovative solutions to modern endpoint security challenges. This role is an opportunity for internship and eventually to join a new, major program to build an innovative, integrated product based on next-generation technology and thought-leadership in the security industry.
You will be working as part of a strong, talented engineering team with both local and remote teams, from across the globe. You will collaborate with highly experienced engineers.
This position is an integral part of the Trellix business segment. Trellix and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This role requires a highly motivated individual, with strong communication skills, quick learner, and initiative to overcome challenges
Trellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at https://trellix.com.
About the role:
- Develop well-structured, legible code that meets functional requirements, taking care to ensure quality and maintainability of your solutions. Follow the style and practices of Modern C++/Python development.
- Perform analysis and design using object-oriented techniques and, where applicable, learn and apply software design patterns to devise elegant solutions that can be easily maintained and extended.
- Participate in code reviews within the team and with senior engineers.
- Write unit-tests to verify the integrity of your code and work with Automation Engineers to help devise automated functional tests.
- Follow engineering processes to ensure the highest quality products and contribute to innovation on Windows or Linux platforms.
- Develop automation framework using Python or similar tools.
- Work with OS in virtual environments like VM-Workstation, ESX server.
- Participate in security concepts & testing and develop code in Cloud technologies like AWS.
- Work with global Engineering Teams, Security and Operations colleagues to ensure best practices are followed while designing new solutions and services.
- Design, implement, document, and constantly improve in house tools, monitoring and automation to deploy and promote code across the different tiers of the software lifecycle on cloud technologies.
- Excellent programming and technical skills with either C++, Java, or Python.
- Good Knowledge on Data Structures, RDBMS concepts, Computer Networks & OS concepts.
- Some experience with development tools such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Debugger, WinDbg or other kernel-debuggers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to listen, adapt and influence are essential.
- Excellent ability to break down complex software systems with application of problem-solving skills; ability to analyze and present results.
- Knowledge in CyberSecurity, usage of dynamic analysis tool is a plus.
- Experience/exposure in AWS and/or any cloud technology will be added advantage.
- Experience/exposure in Machine Learning will be added advantage.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.