Software Architect – C/C++ (Data Loss Prevention)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Software Architect – C/C++ (Data Loss Prevention)
As a Software Architect, you will be an integral part of the Trellix Musarubra team, developing cross-platform endpoint applications for Windows & MacOS. To be successful in this role you should have exceptional Technical leadership , communication and project management skills with multiple years of designing, architecting and implementing Enterprise class products along with developing the skills and talents of others. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle – requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuous engineering. You will also be responsible for architectural decisions, deployment and supporting customers using the products in production. Ideal candidate will foster a culture of innovation while displaying exemplary technical expertise, ownership, and commitment to delivering high quality software solutions, while staying abreast of Industry trends, competitive positioning of the product in the market and ideating for leapfrogging ahead in the market. For you to be successful in his role, you need a deep technical knowledge of web scale low latency Enterprise Product Development using Windows/Mac, Cyber security experience from endpoint/Network protect/detection perspectives etc. Company Overview With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
• Conduct architecture review, design and solutions for multiple engineering teams and oversee code reviews.
• Collaborate with product managers, key stakeholders, and business groups to categorize and describe solutions for business and technical requirements.
• Stay on track with latest technologies for the domain, and apply the experience and knowledge on architecture and to improve the product features.
• Develop and own architectural roadmap and ensure the product aligns with the business, clients and stakeholders strategies and requirement.
• Explain the status & value of proposed design/Solution to stakeholders.
• Analyze and articulate current technological solutions and proposed valued alternatives wherever required.
• Translate business needs into software architectural requirements that leverage our technologies in the most efficient manner possible.
• Gather technical requirements and specifications from customers and business stakeholders.
• Develop the technical specifications according to which solutions are defined and delivered.
• Deliver solutions that meet the timeline, quality and costs for the projects and deliverable elements. Solutions must meet the preset goals for quality, security and performance.
• Direct and oversee the activities of development teams.
• Define the technical vision for products ranging from endpoint to cloud services complying with all applicable product development processes.
• Excellent technical experience with 5+Years of experience as a Principal/Sr. Architect in product development.
• You have extensive professional experience working as a software architect designing and architecting software solutions for large enterprises.
• You have experience designing Endpoint products for Enterprise with a focus on security, quality & performance.
• Hands on experience developing mid to large scale software commercial products using C/C++, Java
• You are hands on with multiple programming and scripting languages including C++, Java, Python, PHP, Node.
• Excellent knowledge of Windows and/or Mac, with good understanding of the OS architecture, and Networking
• Experience in designing applications that will be migrated to cloud and understanding of the concept of elasticity and scalability.
• Any patents would be appreciated.
• Proven, excellent technical skills and knowledge of leading edge technologies, skills in communication, business acumen, coaching, and mentoring
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.