Senior Engineering Manager
Plano, Texas, United States of America
Senior Engineering Manager
This role is for a team that is working on creating cloud-based security solutions. The role involves developing scalable, extensible and high-quality software for our cloud-based solutions.
Trellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at https://trellix.com.
About the Role:
Responsible for owning AI/ML solutions for zero-day detection of threats. You will work closely with Software Architects, Data Engineers, Security Researchers, and other domain experts, to design the next generation of AI/ML solutions to help protect our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership to an engineering team in understanding requirements, designing solution and delivering the project on time to meet business objectives & architectural recommendations.
2. Collaborate with other teams to define requirements and determine effective ways to get the job done and managing inter-dependencies
3. Create a positive culture of quality and accountability while challenging the status quo and bringing new ideas to light.
4. Critical analysis of issues to provide continuous improvement of technology, process and productivity
5. Manage and nurture talent (people)
6. Collaborate with Security Researchers and Software Architects to understand the requirements for new AI/ML-based detection systems
7. Own Feature Engineering – collaborate with Security Researchers to understand the domain and design innovative solutions to protect our customers
8. Continuous research into improvement of existing AI/ML-based detection systems using different algorithms and/or improvement in features
9. Work with Data Engineers to ensure a completely automated pipeline is built for agile and speedy model deployment to Production and Field
10. Analyze all available data from telemetry, logs, stores, to propose new avenues with application of Data Science, and design experimental models to demonstrate the ideas
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or mathematics
2. Specialization in Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning or related, from recognized institutions or platforms
3. Strong knowledge of Data Science, Machine Learning and Statistical Modeling fundamentals
4. 12+ years of experience in designing solutions with Data Science concepts
5. Expertise, with professional experience, in at least one programming language – Python/Java/Scala/R
6. Experience with Cloud-based Data Engineering Platforms – at least one belonging to AWS / Azure / GCP
7. Strong communication skills
8. Ability to collaborate and work with multiple teams across different time-zones
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at Trellix to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
• Pension and Retirement Plans
• Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• Support for Community Involvement
We’re serious about our commitment to diversity, which is why Trellix prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Plans, provides resources for and directs activities in engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions. Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions would cause moderate inconvenience and expense.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.