Head of Marketing (Japan)
Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Head of Marketing (Japan)
Do you want to put your marketing skills to work in one of the world’s leading cybersecurity companies?
McAfee Enterprise is looking for a talented and passionate individual who can lead our marketing activities in Japan. This is a senior position, with managerial responsibility for our team of in-country marketers and the execution of marketing activities and programs that generate awareness, pipeline and booking for the McAfee Enterprise business.
Our marketing team members are high achievers with a wide variety of skills and backgrounds. Your experience working collaboratively with sales, partners and distributors to develop, implement and manage campaigns and events that lead the industry will be highly regarded.
You’ll also work closely with our corporate demand generation, content, operations and communications teams, and engage our contacts and prospects in Japan by leading a team who deliver tailored content on localized digital platforms and through local media outlets via country-specific public relations activities.
Working along side local suppliers, and in collaboration with our US team, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of the local version of MPOWER – Japan’s premier cybersecurity event – in February 2022.
About the role:
- The Head of Marketing (Japan) reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, with local oversight and support from the Head of Marketing (Asia Pacfic & Japan).
- On a daily basis, you will be working closely with your team in Japan and counterparts around the world, along with team members from product and solutions marketing, finance, sales and sales leaders, to develop and manage the account based marketing, digital awareness, and market specific activities necessary to drive maximum value from locally managed and executed marketing events, exhibitions, seminars, tradeshows and product launches.
- You’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in executing cutting-edge programs focused on market segments/verticals and strategic customers that create strong brand awareness and demand for our solutions. A key focus will be the implementation of these programs with measurable results in customer touchpoints, influenced pipeline, and effective distribution and execution of leads through the McAfee Enterprise sales organization.
- We utilise a number of technologies to deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right time. A strong understanding of technology and its capabiliity to maximise results is necessary.
- While we focus on results, we also focus on numbers. A demonstrated ability to forecast and budget effectively and utilize every available dollar is a key requirement for the role.
- You’ll be able to clearly identify activity goals, content & promotion requirements, and coordinate all event logistics, including calendar, project timelines, budget, venue selection, sponsorship, sub-contractor negotiations, and regularly report on activity progress and effectiveness once complete.
- Marketing and Sales work closely at McAfee. It’s important for you to develop, implement and collaborate on pipeline acceleration programs and proactively engage and educate sales management on planned activities, both global and regional.
- Leading a team of experienced marketers and public relations professionals, you’ll need a thorough understanding of local business practices, and an ability to motivate and grow team members using your strong interpersonal skills and consultative approach.
- Internal and external communications with a diverse group of stakeholders will have you regularly preparing communication and marketing updates and assisting with the creation of content for newsletters, emails, websites, blogs and video too.
- Konnichiwa, G’day, Nǐ hǎo, Bonjour. McAfee Enterprise is a global company. We speak many languages but don’t expect you to know them all. Japanese and English will be fine.
- Our tagline — ‘Together is Power’ embodies everything we do — both internally and externally. That’s why your background in forging strong connections between marketing, sales, finance and other key business functions will make you and McAfee a success in Japan.
- Our marketing teams fearlessly innovate. With your skills developing and localizing marketing strategies and leveraging both internal and external resources, you’ll also help them activate our worldwide go-to-market plans and push the boundaries even further.
- If you have experience implementing marketing programs, including lead generation activities, Account based Marketing, Digital & Social Marketing campaigns, reference programs, and partner marketing we want you to share your knowledge with the team too.
- Security can be complicated and the threat landscape changes fast. You will be a continuous learner who has a strong appetite for internal as well as external knowledge. It’s this knowledge, and your ability to explain seemingly complex concepts to our customers and prospects that will help them solve their real world cyber challenges.
- You will need to be a natural collaborator with an amazing attention to detail, and someone who can work both independently and with local and virtual teams to deliver successful events and campaigns.
- There will be some administrative work too. If you know your way around Office 365, Salesforce, Power BI and can use a calculator and a spreadsheet you will quickly gain the respect of your peers, and will allow you to showcase the value your work brings to McAfee Enterprise.
- Your focus on operational excellence will also provide you with an opportunity to become a trusted advisor to our channel partners and help them and our channel marketing manager develop and execute industry-leading joint marketing programs across Japan.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.