Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support. This might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces. May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
About the Role:
- Design solutions for your team and oversee code reviews.
- Collaborate with product managers, key stakeholders, and business groups to categorize and describe solutions for business and technical requirements.
- Stay on track with latest technologies for the domain and apply the experience and knowledge to improve the product features.
- Develop and own features/escalations and ensure the product aligns with the business, clients and stakeholders’ strategies and requirement.
- Explain the status & value of proposed design/Solution to stakeholders.
- Analyze and articulate current technological solutions and proposed valued alternatives wherever required.
- Gather technical requirements and specifications from customers and business stakeholders.
- Deliver solutions that meet the timeline, quality and costs for the projects and deliverable elements. Solutions must meet the preset goals for quality, security and performance.
About You :
– Hands on C++ coding
• Drive innovation & Research in the area of Endpoint Security and software engineering.
• Build a best in class Software Engineering (Dev & QA) function designed to ensure McAfee’s customer experience is consistent and meeting our standards across all customer touch points
• Establish procedures that produce high quality customer satisfaction, experience and loyalty that exceeds customer and industry standards
• Surface inconsistencies in quality and experience, and conduct root cause analysis with corrective and preventive action plans
• Create innovative ways to receive and track actionable customer feedback
• Use technology to understand customer challenges, and calibration of quality monitoring results
• Provide Development and testing leadership and guidance to the team by architecting testing solutions, helping to resolve technical problems and challenges, and establishing and applying testing standards.
• Develop customized testing strategies that maximize test coverage while minimizing execution effort. Identify risks and proactively mitigate and communicate them
• Act as a quality champion by striving for excellence and driving continual improvements within the team.
• Regularly communicate and disseminate information to ensure that it flows both up to management and down to the team
• Collaborate with Senior Execs, Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Development & QA into the SDLC
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.