Associate Software Engineer
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Associate Software Engineer
As a member of the Software Development team, your primary responsibilities include development of detection and related technologies in a Cloud environment. The successful candidate will work on requirements gathering, design and development of software components, support existing customers and automation.
About the Role:
- Development of the next generation, cloud-based, Detection, Threat Intelligence and Telemetry systems, across all FireEye products. These systems assist in FireEye’s detection and Threat management product suite.
- Ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to maintain or improve parts of the existing components/products
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to develop new and improve on existing features
- Documenting business requirements and coming up with the technical solutions
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability & scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product
- Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development practices
- Excellent programming and debugging skills.
- Experience in detection algorithms is a PLUS.
- Quick learner, strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills, understanding of algorithms
- Thorough knowledge of Linux with either Python/C/C++/Java.
- 2 – 3 years of full life cycle of software development experience.
- 6+ months hands-on development in cloud-based environment (eg. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a PLUS.
- Understanding of data storage, analytics, big data handling
- Experience in distributed systems, developing large software systems, and/or security software development in production environment.
- Experience with agile programming and rapid prototyping is a plus
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.